Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Black Diamond Peak XV Imperial Porter

I saw Black Diamond Peak XV Imperial Porter on the Beer on the Wall website and I ordered a bottle. I must say that the wax seal might have been the most difficult I have ever tried to open. The beer pours a dark brown color with an extremely lofty tan head. The aroma consists of toasted malts, oak, coffee, dry dark chocolate, caramel, and vanilla. The taste is big and bold with lots of dark chocolate flavors and plenty of toasted malts. There is a nice complimentary vanilla undertone and a dry coffee finish. The alcohol content is 8.0% ABV. Being my first beer from Black Diamond, I was quite impressed with the Peak XV Imperial Porter. It was quite smooth but has a roasted edge to gives it a great balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment