Tuesday, August 17, 2010

AleSmith Grand Cru

I picked up a bottle of AleSmith Grand Cru at Al's of Hampden. I enjoyed the previous AleSmith beers that I had in San Diego, so I was looking forward to trying the Grand Cru. The beer pours a reddish brown color with lofty foamy off-white colored head. The aroma is malty and sweet with dark fruit and fig and definitely can pick out alcohol in the aroma as well. The taste is is sweet and malty with a good helping of raisin and fig, orange, dried apricot, and candisugar. The alcohol bites a good bit and the beer finishes with a slight hop flavor that dries the mouth out a bit. The alcohol content is 10.0% ABV. I really enjoyed the amount of flavors included in the Grand Cru, especially the citrus ones. The alcohol content doesn't let you forget that this is a hefty beer, but it is completely enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment