Monday, February 8, 2010

Dundee Honey Brown

I picked up the sampler pack from Dundee and the first beer I had was the Original Honey Brown Lager. The beer has a yellow color with a light white bubbly head. The smell is sweet and consists of honey and malts. The taste is light and sweet with honey accents that is very light and crisp. The alcohol content is 4.5% ABV. I thought that the Honey Brown was a decent drinking beer. It isn't very complex, but is a decent easy drinking beer for all occasions.

1 comment:

  1. I found this beer to be a bit of a let down. I've never ranked Dundee anywhere near the top of my preferred breweries or beers, but in this case I felt a bit let down by the lack of everything in this beer. It's still very drinkable, but when the beer I'm drinking starts to border the complexity and depth of things like a New Castle etc...that's when I start getting a bit turned off.

    I'm being just a bit too harsh I suppose and sounding a bit too much like a beer snob which isn't fair. Just expected more from Dundee on this one.

    Ilya

    ReplyDelete