Sunday, January 10, 2010

Penn Brewery St. Nikolas Bock Beer Brewer's Reserve

When I visited the reopening of Penn Brewery in Pittsburgh, I saw that they had felt bag-wrapped bottled of St. Nikolas Bock Bier- Brewer's Reserve. I did not hesitate to pick up a bottle, especially for only $5. The beer has a dark amber color with a light bubbly head. The aroma is malty with raisins. The taste is sweet and heavily composed of raisins, figs, and toffee. There is an underlying hint of toasted malts. The alcohol content is 7.5% ABV. This is a very excellent beer and I was disappointed that there wasn't a regular run of production in 2009. however, at the reopening of the brewery, they had a limited amount of the brewer's reserve. I highly recommended if you can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment