Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dogfish Head Alehouse, Gaithersburg, MD


While on the way to see the Harrisburg City Islanders take on DC United at the Maryland Soccer Plex, my boy Matt and I dropped by the Dogfish Head Alehouse in Gaithersburg, MD. I've been to the Alehouse in Rehoboth, but not to the one in Gaithersburg. I tried two new beers from Dogfish Head that I had not previously tried.

The first new beer I tried is the Sah'tea. I hadn't heard much about the beer, but the description intrigued me since the beer has ginger, black tea, and cinnamon. It pours a gold color with a spicy aroma. The taste is sweet and caramel-like at first, with a spicy finish. The alcohol content is 9.0% ABV. I thought this was an excellent beer and reminds me of winter brews with ginger, but of a much lighter body. I highly recommend trying the Sah'tea, and I plan on getting some more.

The second beer I tried was the Aprihop. I have been intrigued by the beer, but did not want to buy a whole case without trying it first. The beer pours a dark amber. There was not much of an aroma, but a slight sweetness was detectable. The Aprihop has a sweet taste with a slightly tart and dry after taste. There is a minimal hop undertone, which is very enjoyable. The alcohol content is 7.0% ABV. I didn't have high expectations for the Aprihop, and it by far succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment